Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Got That Cosplay Complex or Picking A Costume, Part Two

Ko-na-nachiwa!!! Hey everyone out there in Internet Land and how is it going? It's almost 10pm and I feel great! This is, apparently, what happens to me when I leave it until night time to post my blog...Man, I should do this more often! So, in case you are wondering why I'm doing this about...oh...twelve hours after I usually would...well, the reason is simply because work has picked up and I'm finally out (by which I mean inside the office), about (by which I mean stationary behind my desk), and doing stuff (by which I finally mean programming!!)



So I figure that today, for my first "late-night" blog, I will do a simple follow up of yesterday's post. In case you didn't actually read yesterday's post, however, here is a slight refresher (in point form!) I'm going to SupaNova later this year. I want to CosPlay. I want to CosPlay well. I have a list of potential CosPlay characters that I want to pick from. I need to pick two. Help me.

Well, if you haven't checked out yesterday's post at all today, then you wouldn't know that since then I have taken my list and whittled it down to three last hopefuls. This is pretty good, considering that I started with, I believe, 36 (and some extras were added because of reader comments!) Still, the process of shrinking down the list was...well...very difficult for me. And three is still not good enough. So tonight we make the decision. Tonight we get rid of one of the characters. Three will enter this ring - two will leave.

So without further ado...I present to you...Our three last contenders!!! LET'S GET READY TO DELIBERAAAAAAAATE...

Costume Idea #1 - Altair (Assassin's Creed)

Altair Picture Number 1
Altair Picture Number 2
Successful Altair CosPlay
Successful Altair Cosplay Again!

Costume Idea #2 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-Man)

Allen Walker Picture Number 1
Allen Walker Picture Number 2
Successful Allen Walker Cosplay
Another Picture Of Successful CosPlaying For Allen Walker


Hayate Ayasaki Picture Number 1
Hayate Ayasaki Picture Number 2
I Can't Find Any Good CosPlays Of Hayate - Maybe I Can Be The First?

 So there you have it - my three final choices. You may have noticed that a couple of "crowd favourites", shall we call them, were not in this list. There are many reasons that these were not included, ranging from the character being too old for me to pull off well (for example, Iroh), the character having entirely the wrong complexion (for example, Ganondorf), or me just...well...not really 'feeling' there character (for example, Alucard - possibly one of the most popular characters amongst you guys - but someone for whom I just feel nothing...)

Anyway, regardless of how the cuts were made, made they were - and made they shall stay. And, except for my moral for today, to you I must now say the following: run, run while you still ca...no wait, that's the message I have to give the first year Games Technology students this year - the message for you is to consider who you want me to dress up as, and let me know! If you could offer any pointers or help, that would also rock. Oh, and if you are going to SupaNova and you'd like to meet me then please let me know - I always love to meet you guys, and I'd be so willing to write about my exploits in meeting you on here.

The moral of this story is that sometimes decision making can be hard - especially when it involves killing your thoughts and ideas off - a process possibly made more painful by the fact that I think of all of my ideas as my little mental children. Still it is worth it, by weeding out the weak, as it were, you free yourself up for some exceptional things in the future. And I know that my future is full of some kick-arse costumes.

8 comments:

  1. Forget the complexion, Ganondorf is too cool to pass up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyeliner or some other makeup will make you look old enough for Uncle Iroh.

    Failing that go with Altair or better yet, Ezio Auditore da Firenze from AC2. He's sooooo much cooler than Altair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw an awesome altair 2 years ago at Supernova Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altair / Ezio (just don't go as Desmond, my GOD I hate that guy), and Hayate methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Altair costume looked awesome - though hard to create a good one. Still out of these 3 that would be my vote :)

    Though I am disappointed there is no characters from Invader ZIM in your list :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Altair...because it looks awesome and I actually know who/where it comes from. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today's world is growing very rapidly. Everyone wants to look good.In this case cosplay outfit has a perfect balance between the lace and the open part. It gives you personal satisfaction. It has a wide variety of costumes. Cosplay Costume is one of top sellers this season.

    ReplyDelete